Welcome to In the Word Wednesdays!
This was our very first online Bible study here at Making It Real Ministries, and I’m so glad you’ve joined us!
This video and post will explain our approach, our schedule and everything else you need to know to participate.
Our study this session is Kathy Howard’s, Embraced by Holiness, the Path to God’s Daily Presence. When we originally recorded these video sessions she had just released this study.
You’ll want to get a copy ASAP so you can start working on your homework. You can use the link to get it from Amazon which is the easiest way. You may have trouble finding it on the shelves of the brick-and-mortar stores, but they could order it for you.
Don’t worry if you don’t have it today, I’ll cover everything you need to know in the video.
Just in case you have trouble with the video, I’ll summarize the instructions in the written part of each post below the video.
OK, ready? Here’s your first video! (FYI, the video quality gets better over the next few sessions as I got the hang of it.)
If you arrived at this page via an email I sent you, then you have already subscribed to this series and I’ll send you an email each Wednesday with a link to the brief video in which I will highlight key points from the homework and give you instructions for the upcoming week.
If you’ve stumbled upon this page on my blog but would like to join the study and get updates each week sent to your email inbox, just complete the form below.
Respond and Register by leaving a comment with the information I noted in the video (and below).
Of course, you can take part without registering but by registering and commenting, I’ll know I’m not alone in this. It will also increase a sense of community and provide you with a measure of accountability. I so want our little blog community to be just that: a community. For that to happen, we all have to participate and get to know one another.
I know many of you are not bloggers or participants in other blogs so the commenting seems a bit scary. Some of you have told me you’re not sure how to leave a comment so let me go over that process.
How to leave a comment
When you click “comment” button in the share bar (Or the “Leave a comment by clicking here” prompt at the bottom of the post), it will open the comment system. I will look similar to this:
Then just follow these steps:
Step 1: Sign in using one of the social media options (Optional)
I recommend signing in first then posting your comment. That way, if you have any trouble signing in, you won’t lose what you type. You can click on one of the icons (#1 in picture) to sign in via one of your other social media accounts. This is easy and it automatically uses your profile picture!
Step 2: Sign in without using a social media account (Optional)
If you don’t don’t have a social media account (or just don’t want to sign in that way), you can click in the “Name” field under OR PICK A NAME heading (see #2 in picture above). Fill in your name (you can provide just your first name or do first and last – your choice), email, and create a password to use.
Step 3: Post Your Comment as a Guest
If you don’t want to do either #1 or #2, then see #3 in the graphic above. Just click that little box to post your comment as a guest.
Step 4: Click the arrow.
Then click the arrow to the right of those fields (#4 in the graphic above). It will log you in and you can type in and post your comment.
Step 5: Type your comment
Type your comment in the field where it says “Join the discussion…” (#5 in the graphic above).
Step 6: Post your comment.
Just click “Post as [Your Name] when you are ready to post your comment. (That will appear after you sign in.)
What to provide in the comments TODAY:
- Your NAME. (If you sign in, this will appear automatically next to the comment field. If you’re getting together with a group, please leave the names of the people in your group. (You can leave first name only if you like for privacy).
- WHERE you are. This includes both your city/state and whether you are meeting in your home, at your church, in the library, or at a coffeeshop, etc. I’m just curious to see who is participating and where y’all are meeting.
- SOLO or SMALL GROUP. Let us know how you’re participating. Are you like me and the the blog community is your group? If so, write SOLO. Or, if your meeting together with others, write SMALL GROUP. Also, let us know how many are in your group.
- Your GOAL/MOTIVATION for participating in this study. What do you hope to get out of this? Why did you sign up? This helps us do our best to provide what you need to meet your goal.
- PRAYER REQUESTS: Remember, this is a public forum so we want to use discretion with regard to how much and how we share. Obviously, if your in a face-to-face group with people you already know, you can share at a deeper level. However, on a public forum like this, you’ll want to use some wisdom about the level at which you’re comfortable sharing. If you are requesting prayers for someone else, or sharing something about someone else, be sure you have their permission to do so.
I’ll go first and leave my answers as the first comment below so you can see an example.
I really struggle with memorization. So, I’m working on that. I’ll have a verse from, or related to, each week’s homework for us to memorize.
Of course, this is optional.
I have experienced the value of having God’s Word stored in my mind as well as my heart. So, I’m trying to sock away more verses to draw upon when I need them.
This first one goes with your homework in Week One. I’m using the New International Version, but please feel free to use whatever translation you prefer. If you’ve watched the video, this verse will be familiar to you.
Leviticus 20:7-8 Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the LORD your God. Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the LORD, who makes you holy.
So, order your book and consider inviting few friends to join you! I am so glad you’re coming along with me on this journey. I can’t wait to see your names and locations! Know that you are being prayed over and are valued greatly!!
Blessings of truth and grace, my friends!
Register and respond: Don’t forget to introduce yourself by leaving your response! You can leave a comment by clicking here.